As we approach the holiday season, we are reminded of how much we value and appreciate our TEAMBOOST partners. So to say THANK YOU to our incredible community we will be spotlighting our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December.
We are continuing our BOOST Gratitude Blog Series with 10 things you didn’t know about Kristen Gonzalez, BOOST Leadership Team Member since 2018.
- I was an Art History major when I started working in the Out-of-School Time Field.
- Perfect day…Veggie Burrito from Nico’s in Ocean Beach, an Iced Mocha from Day Break in Ocean Beach, a good book, good tunes playing while sitting on the sand in Ocean Beach.
- What motivates me at work? Seeing the kids smiling faces while participating in program and seeing staff loving what they do.
- What advice would I give my teenage self? Study more and pay attention to my grades and less time on what others think of me.
- Planning my first ever trip overseas…Heading to the United Kingdom next October and planning on being in Ireland on Halloween.
- My only claim to fame is that I danced on American Bandstand in high school.
- If you really knew me you would know that I am very much an introvert living in an extrovert profession.
- My best friend and I have been friends since we were 7 years old.
- My dog Klondike is pretty cool, he has a blue eye and a brown eye.
- I love watching sports and random sports trivia.
Today for breakfast I had toast with butter and an Americano with cream and peppermint.
From all of us here at TEAMBOOST, thank you Kristen for being part of our community and being an incredible leader to all of us in the field!