As we approach the holiday season, we are reminded of how much we value and appreciate our TEAMBOOST partners. So to say THANK YOU to our incredible community we will be spotlighting our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December.
We are continuing our BOOST Gratitude Blog Series with 10 things you didn’t know about Suzanne Hill, BOOST Leadership Team Member since 2014.
- How did you get into the OST, expanded learning, or educational field? I started in OST in high school as a recreation leader for elementary students and loved it. In college, I first thought I would want to be a teacher, but realized that I didn’t want the same restrictions as a classroom teacher would have; so I found expanded learning and never left.
- What motivates you to do this work? I love this work! I love working with the adults that work with the students. The work that expanded learning program staff do is essential to the lives of the students, their families, and the communities. Students get experiences that they may never get if it weren’t for these programs.
- What is your go-to lunch break food/activity? Broccoli Cheese Soup and Salad or a walk.
- Share any interesting or exciting travel experiences you’ve had? I studied abroad and lived with a host family in Chiang Mai and Chiang Saen Thailand back in 2005. I got to volunteer in their schools and other local community-based organizations.
- What is your guilty pleasure food? I love all things peanut butter, and especially peanut butter with chocolate. But I also am a big fan of chips and salsa.
- Completed any other amazing activities? I am a mother of two beautiful boys, one is seven, and one is two! They are the best things I have ever done!
- What go-to song would you sing at Karaoke night? I am not a big karaoke participant, but I enjoy singing along with those who do get up there and sing.
- Show to binge-watch? I enjoy unwinding and watching tv shows. If I am not watching a new show; I can go back and watch shows like West Wing, Friends, or Gilmore Girls over and over again.
- Describe the perfect day. A day outside exploring with my family. That could be at a baseball game, at the beach, or in the mountains. Whatever we do, we enjoy exploring and playing together.
- What are some big goals you are working toward? One goal we have, although we aren’t doing a lot to accomplish it yet; is to go to as many MLB baseball stadiums as we can.
Today for breakfast, coffee!
From all of us here at TEAMBOOST, thank you Suzanne for being part of our community and for all that you do for the youth and communities you serve.