As we approach the holiday season, we are reminded of how much we value and appreciate our TEAMBOOST partners. So to say THANK YOU to our incredible community we will be spotlighting our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December.
We are continuing our BOOST Gratitude Blog Series with 10 things you didn’t know about Brad Lupien, BOOST Ambassador and Breakfast Club Blogger.
- How did you get into the OST, expanded learning, or educational field? I paid for undergrad as a YMCA afterschool worker and camp counselor in Burlington, VT.
- What motivates you to do this work? I hate the inequities between how we serve students in private schools and in public schools.
- What is your go-to lunch break food/activity? Peanut butter and jelly!
- What is your favorite book to read? What are you currently reading? I am currently reading “Excersized” and my favorite non-fiction author is Steinbeck.
- Tell us some unique things you do/ways you destress and unwind? I ski, hike, do yoga, and meditation.
- Share any interesting or exciting travel experiences you’ve had? I was invited to a front-row seat for an unearthing ceremony in Bali and got to see people unburied and bones washed before they were burned and then the ashes were sent out to see. A beautiful way to celebrate life with earth fire and water. I love the Balinese Hindu religion.
- Have you ever run a marathon, hiked a major mountain/trail, obtained multiple degrees, or completed any other amazing activities? Share some of your greatest accomplishments. My greatest accomplishment is a 20-year marriage and two amazing kids. I have also hiked multiple fourteeners and guided rafting, rock climbing, and mountain biking in the Rockies.
- What advice would you give to your teenage self? Advice to teenage self – try more things. don’t be such a slave to “popularity.”
- What are some big goals you are working toward? A big goal I am working on is to Ice Climb in Argentina.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Food? Show to binge-watch? My guilty pleasure food is peanut butter.
Today for breakfast, I had a celery smoothie!
From all of us here at TEAMBOOST, thank you Brad for being part of our community and for your leadership in the field!