As we approach the holiday season, we are reminded of how much we value and appreciate our TEAMBOOST partners. So to say THANK YOU to our incredible community we will be spotlighting our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December.
We are continuing our BOOST Gratitude Blog Series with 10 things you didn’t know about Rachel Bryant, BOOST Ambassador!
- Prior to working with youth, I was a lunch lady at a high school. It was there I discovered my passion for wanting to help in a different capacity. I began working at Bridgeport a few months after receiving my degree and have been working in this field ever since. That was in 2004.
- I have always had a social worker’s heart. I think what keeps me motivated is knowing that the lightbulb moment is going to happen because they were a part of our program. It may not happen while they are in it. But so many of our kids will come back years later and thank us for what they gained while in JAG and how it helped them.
- What I want for lunch is to be working out at the YMCA across the street! But every Friday I do treat myself to a smoothie at lunchtime.
- My favorite book is “The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison. What I have in the queue is “Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat At Your Table” by Loui Giglio.
- Retail therapy is my favorite destressing activity. I love to do it for others as well as myself. I also love to bake desserts and share them. I think seeing people happy from eating something I baked is the best feeling.
- My husband and I visited Cabos, Mexico this past July for our 10 year anniversary. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort for the first time. It was the most relaxing trip I have ever been on. Waking up to the sound of the ocean is something I wish was a daily routine. We rode ATVs in the desert area and on the beach, it was a great adventure and absolutely fabulous views.
- I have recently turned my love of baking into a small business. I am in the very beginning stages but I have made my first “dollar”. It is called Sugar Raee. That was a huge leap of faith.
- I love to bake desserts and share them. I think seeing people happy from eating something I baked is the best feeling!
- Guilty pleasure is white cheddar popcorn with orange while either reading a book cover to cover in less than 48 hours or watching crime shows! Criminal Minds is my fav!
- We have a dog and her name is Zena. She is an American Bully. She is 5 years old. She just had her first litter of puppies. So I think we will soon have two dogs!
Today for breakfast I had a banana and a Reese’s cup…lol!
From all of us here at TEAMBOOST, thank you Rachel for being part of our community and for sharing your leadership!