As we approach the holiday season, we are reminded of how much we value and appreciate our TEAMBOOST partners. So to say THANK YOU to our incredible community we will be spotlighting our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December.
We are continuing our BOOST Gratitude Blog Series with 10 things you didn’t know about Daniel Hatcher, BOOST Breakfast Club blogger since 2014.
- My academic background is in public health, international relations, and geology. I loved field trips and cooperative learning, so it was natural that I found my way to out-of-school time!
- I believe all kids deserve to live healthy happy fun lives. That’s what motivates me to do this work.
- My go-to lunch activity is a walk around my neighborhood.
- I’m currently reading “Original Instructions: Indigenous Teachings for a Sustainable Future.”
- I’ve traveled to 25 countries and 48 states and some of my favorite places have been Lapland (Finland), Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Hawaii, and Utah.
- Something I do to unwind and destress is Olympic Weightlifting.
- The advice I would give to my teenage self: “The bullies don’t win.”
- An accomplishment I’m proud of is finding an internship after grad school in Washington D.C. (a city I had never been to) through cold calls. I stayed and have lived here for 15 years now!
- If I could be any person for a day, I’d probably be Jane Goodall.
- My perfect day is a mix of quiet time outdoors, doing something purposeful, and spending time with people I care about.
From all of us here at TEAMBOOST, thank you Daniel for being part of our community and for all that you do for the youth and communities you serve.
For breakfast today I had a granola bar.