Forums

Meet and interact with other thought leaders in our online community. This space is designed for peers to connect, share promising practices, discuss issues and solutions, and learn together.

We want to make sure our forum is a safe, positive experience that benefits all of us. Read our BOOST Cafe Forum Keeping our noses in the books:) here.

Questions? Please contact us at [email protected]

Home Guidelines and Rules BOOST Cafe Forums Staff Leadership and Management Keeping our noses in the books:)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jessica Barajas 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jessica Barajas
    Participant

I have been a lover of literature for as long as I remember. However, in the past couple of years, I have found myself to not be as intrigued as I have in the past. Probably because of the so many changes throughout the years, but I recently got my little sausage fingers on some good reads! The first of which is ‘Simply Said’ – Communicating Better at Work and Beyond by Jay Sullivan. I’m at the beginning of the book, but I’ve seen a difference at how I think about what I’m saying. It’s crazy to think that we don’t know how to communicate to one another, but if you think about it, most of what we say, is in a “I” statement. “I want to shave this with you, I want to do this”, etc. Change it to, “We are her to work collaboratively” brings the attention to the whole instead of one person. Easier said than done, but that’s what I’m working on! A few other good books in the works are:
    – ‘Leaders Eat Lat’ by Simon Sinek
    – ‘Grit’ by Angela Duckworth
    – ‘Turn the Ship Around!’ by L. David Marquet

My goal is to finish these within the next 4 weeks:)

What are you reading right now?

Jessica

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.