We’re in an unprecedented moment. The ways we teach, and how students learn, are shifting in ways they never have before. It’s hard to stay connected, focused, and on-plan with so much change happening daily. But, fortunately, we also have tools, technology, and community keeping us all together.
TEAMBOOST has collected a wealth of free, online resources that teachers, afterschool program staff, youth workers, and families can access to keep the kids in your life learning and growing. Visit the BOOST Cafe Resource Center, our Pinterest page, YouTube channel, Funding page, and recent Breakfast Club blogs to find a variety of lessons, activities, and interactive experiences available right now.
And, keep checking back with BOOST, as we’ll add and update new resources for you throughout this time of social distancing and shelter in place.
Sending you health, safety, and peace. Ubuntu.
The BOOST Cafe Resource Center is a collection of free resources, curated by BOOST and sorted by grade level and category. The Resource Center is always available to you as a BOOST Cafe user, and our team has been actively adding new resources to help you adjust to teaching and learning during COVID-19.
- News of the coronavirus COVID-19 is everywhere, leaving many parents wondering how to bring up the epidemic in a way that will be reassuring and not make kids more worried than they already may be. Here’s some advice from the experts at the Child Mind Institute.
- Teachers and parents can assign and track progress on over 2,000 learning games and assessments! Great for class, home, or remote! Students can play the amazing Awakening experience and have fun while learning through research backed methods!
- Content, curriculum, and tools to power teaching and learning from Kindergarten to 12th Grade. Driven by cognitive science research, ReadWorks offers world-class content, teacher guidance, and integrated tools that improve teacher effectiveness and student achievement.
- Fostering healthy behaviors, staying active, and eating nutritiously at home are vital for children’s development. When kids are out of school for any reason, parents and caregivers can use these activities and resources to keep their kids moving, learning, and eating healthily.
BOOST bloggers are worldwide leaders in education, who volunteer their time and expertise to write for the Breakfast Club blog. New articles are posted every Tuesday and Thursday, when writers share the insights on timely topics – and what they ate for breakfast.
- COVID-19 Academic Schedule, by Mary Curry
- The Power of Children, by Erika Petrelli and her 11-year-old daughter, Marlowe
- Shift: From Helplessness to Hope & the Power of Humanity, by Julie Sesser
BOOST maintains 90+ Boards on Pinterest, full of free, ready-to-use activities and program inspiration. Our Pinterest Board have resources suitable for students at every grade level, and cover topics from Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health, to Arts and Crafts and Educational Apps.
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to take with your kids
- Physical Activity Ideas
- 150+ Educational Shows to stream on Netflix
- Story Time in Space
- Google Arts & Culture features content from over 2000 leading museums and archives
Find easy how-to activity videos, inspirational content, and highlights from past BOOST Conferences, all on our YouTube page!
- DIY Microwave Play Dough
- 2019 BOOST Conference Opening – TOMS, March for Our Lives, Save Afterschool #EndGunViolence
- 2019 BOOST Conference – Dr. Shawn Ginwright’s Keynote Address
- Butterbeer Milkshake by BOOST
- DIY iSpy Toy by BOOST
TEAMBOOST continually curates a variety of grants, contests, and other funding opportunities for educators and students. Check back often as new funding cycles open up.