As we approach the holiday season, we are reminded of how much we value and appreciate our TEAMBOOST partners. So to say THANK YOU to our incredible community we will be spotlighting our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December.
We are continuing to share our BOOST Gratitude with 10 things you didn’t know about Nathan Houston, a wonderful BOOST Ambassador since 2018!
- I got into expanded learning as a youth by being a participant and then volunteering. After volunteering I knew this is where I wanted to be.
- One thing that motivates me to do this work is to pay it forward. There were mentors and educators who provided me with opportunity and exposure and I want to keep it going.
- My go-to activity is “Freeze Dance.” It gets everyone involved, promotes movement, community building, creativity, and active listening.
- My favorite book to read is “Unleash your Purpose” by Myles Munroe. I am reading lots of things by Myles Munroe
- A goal I am working on is increasing my value so that I can become a greater Keynote speaker. I want to inspire the world through my speaking and teaching.
- My guilty pleasure is listening to “Trap Music.” It inspires my creativity and passion to keep going.
- An interesting traveling experience I have was traveling to BOOST in 2015 by car while only being able to see out of one eye due to Cataracts. It was very interesting and exciting because I had never been to BOOST but I was determined to be there by any means.
- If I could be with any person for a day it would be my dad. My dad passed away when I was 15 and I would love to spend quality time with him just bonding and catching up.
- The advice I would give my teenage self is to increase your value, appreciate the present, love your family, and own your greatness. The people are waiting on YOU to arrive as your authentic self. BE YOU! YOU ARE IMPACT!
- If you really knew me you would know that I struggle with anxiety but I will not allow it to conquer me. I will conquer my anxiety and encourage everyone else who struggles along the way.
I had an asada torta for breakfast!
From all of us here at TEAMBOOST, thank you, Nathan, for being part of our community and for sharing your leadership!