We are continuing to spotlight our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December to honor them for the amazing work they do in the field.
Today, we are continuing our BOOST Gratitude Blog Series with 10 things you didn’t know about Carlota Merino, BOOST Leadership Team Member since 2020!
- As a child, I wanted to be a surgeon and through my years in college, I learned that I had a true passion for education. I was part of my after school program and at 17 I had the opportunity to work at a high school as an after school coach. Now 15 years later, I love working in after school and being able to be part of a movement based on inspiring our youth.
- My community, my colleagues, my family, and my nephews are who inspire me to work in after school. My parents have worked hard to be able to provide me with an education and now I want to do the same with our students, community, and my nephews.
- Life can be stressful and most of the time overwhelming. To take my mind off of things, I love to paint. I am not a professional and can’t draw; however, being able to destress through a pain brush is empowering.
- My guilty pleasure is having some Chinese Food and watching a Disney classic.
- If I could go back and tell my 15-year-old self something, it would be to enjoy life and not worry as much. You have a great big heart and you should enjoy it. Find your voice and embrace it, don’t let others bring you down.
- A goal I am working towards is going to Grad school to pursue a counseling degree and credentials.
- I love animals and definitely miss my German Sheppard, Diana. She was an amazing and super active dog. She was very protective and loving. I am starting to like cats, maybe in the near future, I will get a puppy and kitty and raise them together.
- Bohemian Rhapsody is my go-to karaoke song! I love me some Queen!
- My perfect day is checking off everything on my to-do list. However, the ultimate perfect day is going to the beach and enjoying some fun in the sun with the people I love.
- If you really knew me, you would know that I love adventure and traveling to new places. As long as my gas tank is full, let’s go on an adventure.
For breakfast today I had cereal!
TEAMBOOST thanks you, Carlota, for being part of the BOOST Leadership Team and for all that you do for the youth and communities you serve.