Centene is offering general operating grants of up to $500,000. Consideration will be given to organizations that fall within one or more of the following areas of focus: Health (Including Social Determinants of Health), Education, Children, and the Arts.
Centene believes that successful corporate citizenship is defined by investments in community-based institutions and organizations that address the needs of communities while advancing initiatives that focus on inclusion, the whole person, and community development.
Since 2004, the Centene Charitable Foundation has sought to make a difference in the communities we serve by investing in innovative programs and services that embrace all populations regardless of ability, age, race or economic status. A central element of Centene's business strategy involves our focus on holistic wellness. That principle has shaped our approach to community investments, paving the way for Centene to continue its support of long-term and far-reaching initiatives that bring the arts, education, and health to every population regardless of barriers that may exist.
Contributions are made only to qualified, federal tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, as defined by the Internal Revenue Service Code, through The Centene Charitable Foundation. Contributions are restricted to nonprofit organizations serving local residents in areas in which Centene has a presence.
Consideration will be given to organizations that fall within one or more of the following areas of focus:
- Health (Including Social Determinants of Health)
The Centene Charitable Foundation generally does not support:
- Individual person(s), families, or other private foundations
- Political, labor and fraternal organizations
- For-profit publications or organizations seeking advertisements or promotional support
- Religious organizations (i.e., churches or organizations tied to a place of worship) as determined at the sole discretion of The Centene Charitable Foundation
- Sponsorships of local groups/individuals to participate in regional, national or international competitions, conferences or similar events
In keeping with its diversity and inclusion policy, The Centene Charitable Foundation does not fund organizations that discriminate based on:
- National Origin
- Family Status
- Receipt of Public Assistance
- Sexual Orientation