Website South Bay Community Services (SBCS)
Non Exempt (Fulltime and Part-time positions)
Day shift $25.00 hourly rate/ Overnight Shift $27.00 hourly rate
Reports to Childcare Lead and Childcare Supervisor
The YCA will be directly involved in the lives of the youth, and provide supervision, resources and assistance. The YCA must be highly organized, empathetic, compassionate, nonjudgmental, and eager to help vulnerable youth.
1. Adhere to and uphold the standards of SBCS mission, purpose, guiding principles and standards of quality.
2. Caring for the well-being of youth between the age range of 13-17 years of age, including youth with serious illnesses, addictions, disabilities, pregnancy, sexual/mental/physical abuse or who have been neglected and have been exposed to trauma.
3. Participate in meetings to ensure adequate staffing of milieu.
4. Participate in training and development.
5. Maintain service documentation, data collection and contract and compliance of records as required.
6. Communicate care coordination information and events through utilization of communication logs and debriefs as set in the protocols and procedures of the services.
7. Maintain a positive and safe atmosphere in the milieu.
8. Provide first aid in minor emergencies. Assist in securing medical services for serious problems.
9. Provide crisis intervention, during all working hours.
10. Assist with intake assessments and provide initial services.
11. Maintain consistent rules, structure and consequences according to program’s policy and procedures.
12. Encourage youth personal hygiene and assist with teaching this independent living skill.
13. Facilitate and monitor snack and meal times.
14. Ensure completion of chores by youth and assist with teaching this independent living skill.
15. Transport youth to and from outings and activities when necessary.
16. Facilitate engaging recreational and educational groups and outings.
17. Link, refer and advocate with appropriate agencies/support services for individual youth when appropriate.
18. Maintain positive relationships with community, including law enforcement, child welfare services, schools, neighbors and service providers.
19. Maintain confidentiality and privacy standards of service-partner protected health information and other applicable information and material in accordance to agency and center polices, and applicable regulations and laws including HIPAA.
20. Participate in implementing agency’s resource development plan as appropriate.
21. Sort and put away donations as necessary.
22. Maintain program’s space and vehicle cleanliness and safety.
23. Maintain a working knowledge of MIS equipment.
24. Other duties as required.
- Completion of high school diploma.
- Able to work with potentially homeless, runaway, unaccompanied minors, and exploited youth.
- Experience working in a residential setting.
- Able to work in a very diverse setting with people of all backgrounds, culture, and sexual orientation.
- Experience working in a residential setting.
- Must be willing to develop or possess working knowledge of trauma-informed care.
- Bilingual Spanish-English speaking preferred.
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize.
- Motivated to take on additional community involvement projects and solve problems.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple cases.
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, schedules, dates, and information.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Comfortable with building personal relationships and dedicated to helping others.
• Mentally and emotionally: Ability to work under deadlines, various projects and dealing with clients in crisis and difficult situations.
• Stand: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position.
• Walking: Moving about on foot.
• Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) 25-50 lbs
• Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder
• Pushing: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force.
• Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking)
• Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs, using feet and legs or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
• Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching.
• Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
• Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
• Finger Movement: Picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling
• Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral information to clients or to the public, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by a negotiated contract.
At-Will Employment Status
Please note that all employment with South Bay Community Services (SBCS) is at-will, which means your employment may be terminated at any time by you or SBCS, without cause or advance notice. The terms and conditions of any employment may also be modified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program – Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/508369 →