Website The Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
About the Foundation
The Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, established in 1926 in Flint, Michigan, by an automotive pioneer, is a private philanthropy committed to supporting projects that promote a just, equitable and sustainable society. It supports nonprofit programs throughout the United States and, on a limited geographic basis, internationally. Grantmaking is focused in four programs: Civil Society, Education, Environment and Flint Area. In addition to Flint, offices are located in metropolitan Detroit, Johannesburg and London. With year-end assets of approximately $3.1 billion in 2019, the Foundation made 364 grants totaling more than $133 million.
Department: Education Team
Reports to: App Project Manager
Job Title: User Acquisition and Engagement Lead
Location: Flint, Michigan, is highly preferred. Semi-remote work will be considered.
The User Acquisition and Engagement Lead is responsible for creating, designing and delivering a diverse set of marketing and user acquisition programs focused on growing and expanding the awareness and user-base and sustaining long-term user engagement of a new and innovative online afterschool app. This position demands:
- experienced technical knowledge of marketing automation, online marketing tools, techniques and graphics;
- experience in long-term engagement strategies in a digital environment; and
- ability to independently develop and execute upon a comprehensive marketing plan.
Online digital marketing expertise is crucial. Exceptional communication is required. Extensive experience with online campaign metrics is highly preferred and strong analytical skills are a must. It is desirable that this individual also have knowledge of the afterschool and general education environment.
- Coordinate, develop, test and deploy multiple campaigns designed to drive product recognition and user acquisition.
- Plan and execute end-to-end demand generation programs, which include, but are not limited to, webinars, emails, blog posts, paid media, content syndication, etc.
- Develop and execute an engagement strategy to maintain and/or increase user engagement with the app.
- Present suitable recommendations to the app project manager, the project team and the project’s advisory board.
- Work with the communication department of the organization to coordinate common objectives, where necessary and ensure programmatic and organizational continuity.
Work with premier project partners to enhance marketing and engagement success.
- Maintain and analyze campaign reporting, metrics and other usage statistics, and dynamically refine approaches to meet objectives.
- Identify and manage digital agency relationships as well as in-house and outsourced creative resources.
- Plan, implement and analyze campaigns, refining and iterating for success.
- Lead management of multiple digital touch points with users and stakeholders.
- Oversee the activities of the project’s social media presence, lead generation, conversion and related application marketing tasks.
Skills and Experience
- Understand marketing automation and the workings and applicability of digital, social media and online marketing tools and search engine optimization to promote the app and drive user acquisition.
- At least five years’ experience in online marketing, application marketing, user acquisition and user engagement campaigns.
- Proven experience in digital assets delivery and proven ability to manage microsites, social media applications and online ads.
- Excellent editing, writing and communications skills to ensure standards, quality, consistency and tone.
Innovative, creative, out-of-the-box thinking and a solid understanding of social media marketing and campaigning.
- Experience with online learning systems, afterschool programs and educational systems a plus.
- Able to coordinate multiple demands, from multiple stakeholders and partners, in a competitive and fast paced environment.
You may be a strong candidate if:
- You want to be part of a start-up team within a successful mission driven organization.
- You are both a strategic and an analytical person.
- You work collaboratively, building relationships, trust and credibility along the way.
- You are excited about using social media daily.
- You have work history of utilizing digital marketing techniques to acquire users for a new product or service.
- You have developed a successful marketing plan for an education app.
- You have experience with online campaign metrics.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, have written press releases, have an outgoing personality and are able to engage an audience at industry conferences & workshops.
- You are comfortable being the face of the app to users.
- You are a self-starter capable of working on multiple tasks on deadline and under pressure.
- You work well in an environment where priorities may change quickly.
- You would welcome feedback as a way to improve the effectiveness of your work and that of the Education team and to strengthen the Mott Foundation’s overall impact.
How to Apply
Email the following to K-12 Recruitment Group – John Meurer, Executive Recruiter at john(@)k12recruitmentgroup(.)com.
- Subject Line: User Acquisition and Engagement Lead and Your Name.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for this position.
- A detailed resume in Word Format that demonstrates your experience and accomplishments.
- List of three professional references.
- Your salary requirements.
- Up to five samples of work that demonstrate your ability to succeed in this position.
We will review applications on a rolling basis; therefore, we encourage interested parties to apply early.
No phone calls, please.
The Mott Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity of thinking, background and perspective among its staff. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com