Website Downey Unified School District
ALL applicants must apply at www.Edjoin.org.
The current vacancy is 60% position at Griffiths Middle School.
$58,678 ~ $120,115 (Single Subject Credential)
$46.59 – $48.68 per hour (CTE Credential)
Other stipends if applicable: MA – $445 / Doctoral – $2738
Current DUSD employees wishing to be considered for this position ONLY NEED TO UPLOAD:
- A letter of interest emphasizing their experience and qualifications for the position.
- A current resume.
- One letter of recommendation from a District employee, which is less than one year old.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2021 – 4:00 P.M.
All applicants will be screened, and the top candidates will receive interviews.
- Possession of a valid Single Subject Home Economics Credential and/or a valid CA Designated Subjects Career Technical Education (CTE) Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation Credential with EL Authorization.
FUNCTION & DUTIES
Plans, organizes, presents and evaluates a program of meaningful instruction to students in assigned teaching areas. Performs other duties connected with the school program as assigned, and directly reports to the school principal or designee.
1. Meets and instructs assigned students in the location and at the time designated by the school principal following District course outlines and curriculum regulations.
2. Provides guidance service to students and parents by means of conferencing; prepares pupil reports and records, by contributing pertinent data upon request.
3. Maintains effective classroom management conducive to learning.
4. Implements and updates curriculum for a fully articulated pathway that meets industry standards, which includes creating and sustaining an industry advisory board.
5. Acquire, maintain, and manage equipment as appropriate and necessary to support student projects and class objectives.
6. Utilizes preparation time for lesson planning, evaluation of students, conferencing, or department or grade level study planning.
7. Provides and manages program certifications according to industry standards and articulates with post-secondary institutions and industry to provide opportunities for students to enter career and earn experiences.
8. Motivates and establishes positive rapport with students to ensure and promote social and emotional student engagement to maintain enrollment and retention in the program.
9. Articulates with CTE teachers and other district and school staff to benefit both the program and CTE programs, including but not limited to student recruitment.
10. Collaborates with CTE teachers to strengthen the student access, opportunities in CTE, including but not limited to participating in professional learning communities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.Edjoin.org →