Website Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside is seeking leaders in their field, students, teachers, mentors, and creators with a passion to give back to our youth in North County.
Do you have a talent for:
* Playing a musical instrument – violin, guitar, drums, horns
* Dancing – ballet, tap, hip-hop, break-dancing, classical, folk, square
* Cooking, baking, recipe making
* Fine arts – drawing, painting, graphic design, photography, sculpture
* Gardening, sustainable farming, farm to table menu planning, hydro/aquaponics
* Science and engineering, coding, laboratory sciences and dissections, robotics
* The list is endless – tell us about your passions
We would welcome the opportunity for YOU to share your passions with our YOUTH.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside seeks experienced youth leaders to work with members in our after school programs. Our Program Specialists work directly with an assigned group of approximately 20 Elementary, Middle or High School students in an afterschool setting.
The Program Specialist assists in planning and preparation of the creative and fun learning environment, establishment of interest centers, and preparation of needed material and supplies. Implementation and administration of enrichment/academic programs is critical. Advanced Math and English skills (K — 8) necessary.
The Program Specialist position is a school-supported, 180 day position, based upon the school district calendar year. In addition, this position is based on job performance as well as the number of youth registered weekly. Must have reliable transportation to and from site.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Ability to speak and write Standard English appropriate in a public school setting.
* Must pass Live Scan and LexisNexis (criminal background check via fingerprinting), TB Test and pre-employment drug test.
* First Aid and CPR certification is required.
* At least one year experience working with a group of 10 or more students in a classroom, afterschool, or recreation environment.
*Reliable transportation required.
Must be able to work Monday through Friday: 15-25 hrs per week. $10.50 – 12 DOE