With generous support from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, YSA will award Afterschool Grants of up to $500 each to support youth-led service or service-learning opportunities in up to 60 afterschool programs. Grants are offered on a competitive application basis and open to any afterschool program that meets the following requirements:
* Engage at least 50 youth as volunteers in service or service-learning projects during the 2021-2022 academic year;
* Submit an online impact report by June 10, 2022;
* 50% of youth engaged are from low-income, underserved communities;
* Focus on engaging middle-school and high-school aged youth; and
* Continue to put students’ health and safety first by following any COVID-related guidelines of federal, state, and local governments that are in still in place during the 2021-2022 academic year.