Resources for training new staff

Home Forums BOOST Cafe Forums Staff Leadership and Management Resources for training new staff

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Daniel W. Hatcher Daniel W. Hatcher 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Ezekiel Oliwa
    Ezekiel Oliwa
    Participant

The out of school program I work in has a high yearly turnover in staff necessitating frequent training. I am looking for resources on staff training to help me deal with the yearly influx of new staff. I want to be able to quickly get them up to speed on both my program and the basics of working with kids in after school programs. Any suggestions, hints or leads you guys could help me out with?

Profile photo of Daniel W. Hatcher
    Daniel W. Hatcher
    Participant

I would encourage you to engage your next cohort of trainees in creating a training manual. Our new wellness policy implementation guide has some examples that might be of help (training new staff on healthy role modeling is always a challenge), I’m sure some of it would be applicable: https://www.healthiergeneration.org/_asset/ccr6x4/16-0019_NRPAImpleGuide.pdf

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.