This blog discusses a topic that I found really useful in 2017, almost life-changing. And now that I am aware of how powerful gratitude is, I use gratitude as a practice for healing and finding calm in my crazy days! Whether it is professional or personal, when I use gratitude as a tool for establishing a healthy mindset, life just gets better.
Let’s make the shift in 2018…
- WHAT: Bringing in the New Year with gratitude can be refreshing, soothing and a hopeful way to start anew!
- WHY: Finding, developing, growing, and/or sharing gratitude is a powerful way to connect with loved ones. Gratitude is a beautiful way to express your feelings in a healthy way and create meaningful connections. Gratitude is a healing practice that helps us realize that we have more than we think.
- WHO: You can share gratitude with anyone! Here are a few ideas: friends and family, clerks in stores, seniors, youth, animals, caretakers, business partners, spouses, nonprofit organizations, school staff (teachers, aids and principals), street salespeople, local assembly members, a coach or mentor, a fitness coach, and so on.
- WHERE and WHEN: You can share gratitude anywhere and anytime! Some examples are: in person, with a handwritten card, with a hug, an online message or email or free e-card, before you go to sleep and as soon as you wake-up, before or after you eat, when you see a beautiful image in nature, when someone makes you feel good, when you recover from a mistake or apologize, when you want to cheer up a friend. Can you think of any more times or in more places in your life?
Below are three free resources that are for your programs, schools, and at home:
1. 10 Simple Activities to Teach Gratitude by Chelsea Lee Smith
2. 4 Ways to Refuel Your Gratitude by Rebecca Alber
3. Habits of Heart: Helping Students Reflect and Act on Gratitude by Maurice J. Elias
Please leave a grateful note in the comments section below. I’d love to learn what you’re grateful for.
Thanks for reading! I am grateful for your attention today.
For breakfast: I had an Herbalife Shake and a cup of coffee- 2017 was the year of coffee for me!