As we approach the holiday season, we are reminded of how much we value and appreciate our TEAMBOOST partners. So to say THANK YOU to our incredible community we will be spotlighting our BOOST Bloggers, Ambassadors, and Leadership Team members weekly through the end of December.
We are continuing our BOOST Gratitude Blog Series with 10 things you didn’t know about Jessica Barajas, BOOST Leadership Team Member since 2020.
- I was looking to help with my Jr High Color Guard and Marching Band 🙂
- I had great mentors back in the day. They guided me in the direction of staying out of trouble. I would be a completely different person had it not been for afterschool programs.
- I’m a sucker for Funyuns!
- Favorite Book… Aesop’s Fables! Currently Reading: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- I enjoy crafting…however, I never stick to the same craft for very long and have a lot of unfinished projects:) Also, I love Disney, but not right now!
- Been to Canada, beautiful! Got to go there when I marched in a Drum Corps.
- The greatest accomplishment would be to have achieved higher education opportunities. My parents didn’t have that chance but came to this country to provide better opportunities for their children. I am fully committed to getting my Ph.D. one day!
- Twilight… I know… this is problematic…
- I claim my mom and sisters’ pets; el peanut, Chiquita, and Jax (Jackson as my mom calls them) 🙂
- My big goal is to finish my Master’s Program. Only a few classes left, but where to find the time…
For breakfast today I had coffee!
From all of us here at TEAMBOOST, thank you Jessica for being part of our community and for all that you do for the youth and communities you serve.