Intentional Observations

Home Forums BOOST Cafe Forums Program Design, Development and Quality Intentional Observations

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel W. Hatcher 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Eddie Gardiner
    Participant

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could share with me observation methods and/or forms that are intentional to really support growth with staff.
    Thanks in Advance,

ElizaBeth Phillips
    Participant

Have you looked at Simple Interactions. I love them because they are simple and the staff have a lot of control.

http://simpleinteractions.org/uploads/2/9/0/1/29014757/simpleinteractions_manual.pdf

Kyle Wagner
    Participant

Hey Eddie. I usually start staff coaching by having them identify questions they are interested in exploring. Ie. How do I engage my unengaged students? How do I connect the activities to students’ personal lives? This gives a focal point for observation that stems from something they are truly interested in developing in their craft. 🙂

Daniel W. Hatcher
      Participant

Kyle, that seems like a really simple practice that could be very beneficial prior to teaching/sharing any amount of information. A pre-reflection to establish relevancy…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.