Hello Expanded Learning, Out-of-School Time, and rockstar educators across the globe! In support of back-to-school time, our home team has chosen a hodgepodge of resources that will jumpstart your school year.
1. Apply for FREE school supplies! Kids In Need Foundation has your back and is giving out two large boxes to qualified applicants. The deadline to apply is August 14th.
2. For a plethora of professional development, curriculum, outdoor education, support and training, school products, test prep and more resources visit BOOST Cafe’s Vendor Marketplace. Need a little edu – vocabulary recharge? Check out BOOSTOPEDIA for terms and definitions.
3. Looking for new ideas and activities for your classes? Edutopia is one of the most creative and relevant online support resources for educators in the world.
4. Don’t forget to register for the BOOST Conference (the best of out-of-school time conference held annually in Palm Springs!) Enjoy the great networking opportunities, inspiring workshops, and amazing motivational speakers! Register now and get the Early Bird Special until October 31, 2017.
5. GET INSPIRED before the year begins from these Ted Talks from inspiring teachers.
6. No scissors needed! The Krazy Coupon Lady is an online discount hub for school supplies from all the major outlets in a one stop shop!
7. Check out the first three of six Quality Standards in Action Videos by the California Department of Education’s Expanded Learning Division! The purpose of these videos is to provide a visual display to guide programs from a practical viewpoint. These videos highlight Youth Voice and Leadership, Active and Engaged Learning, and Safe and Supportive Environments. Feel free to download and share widely.
Have a phenomenal year!
– The BOOST Breakfast Club
Note: All of August’s blog posts are dedicated to providing resources and insight on the topic of ‘back to school’. If you like anything you read this month, or have additional resources to share with our audience, please comment below !