BOOST Collaborative, the creator of the BOOST Conference, is proud to announce the launch of BOOST Cafe. The Beta version was launched in early 2017 and offers a plethora of tools and professional development resources for your program.
So, what the heck is it and what’s in it for you and the out-of-school time world?!
…….We’re so glad you asked.
BOOST Cafe is a comprehensive online community for those in out-of-school time. Phase 1 features:
- An interactive forum to share promising practices
- Up-to-date funding opportunities
- A comprehensive list of tools and resources for your program such as: our Resource Center listings, our comprehensive list of field-related acronyms in BOOSTopedia, and featured product/service providers in our Vendor Marketplace and Speakers Corner
- Inspiration with weekly BOOST Breakfast Club blogs from pros in the field
- A Career Corner to find & post job opportunities in the field. Looking for a job? Post a resume! Looking for that perfect candidate? Post a job listing!
Stay tuned for Phase 2: find out what the BOOST team is brewing here.
Here’s the catch……there is none! BOOST Cafe is 100% free to users and here are 5 ways it can help you develop professionally:
- Network through your Profile. Create a profile (be sure to fill out the “More about Me” section) and make a goal to reach out to a few people each week. Meet leaders who are doing amazing things in the field! Add them as a friend and introduce yourself by messaging them directly.
- Ask a question or drop some knowledge in the Forum: we have 6 forum categories and a number of threads have already been created by users. Each time you share on the forum, you are building a community and seeking or providing mentorship. We invite everyone to share or ask (we even have a storytellers category to share your stories!)
- Read our Weekly Blogs: our BOOST Breakfast Club bloggers are some of the most sought after, informed minds of our field. Read what they have to write and comment your thoughts! Interested in becoming a blogger? Contact our Executive Chef for more information here.
- Create a Group: Create a public or private group for your staff! This group works just like the forum but you can control the topics, recruit your staff to join, and discuss site-related topics.
- Get Involved! Post a #PlanetBOOST photo on Instagram: in honor of #LightsonAfterschool each October, a nationwide event celebrating afterschool programs by the Afterschool Alliance, BOOST chooses one #PlanetBOOST change-maker in our field to win FREE Standard BOOST Conference registration. These photos rotate on the main BOOST Cafe page and gives you a platform to tell your story….from anywhere in the world!
Questions? Thoughts? Looking to get more involved on the site? Email us!